Turbocharge Your Application Performance
Application performance degrades over time. Eliminate this problem with High-Speed Caching. High-Speed Caching is a proprietary caching algorithm that accelerates I/O by leveraging RAM as a read and write cache. DataCore supports up to 8 TBs of high-speed cache per node, creating a true ‘mega-cache’ to turbocharge application performance.
- Read cache reduces requests to back-end slower disk
- Write caching accepts inbound data as fast as possible
RAM is a commodity component and therefore relatively inexpensive, yet it possesses outstanding performance characteristics and lacks the shortcomings that are attributed to Flash devices. RAM is an excellent technology to leverage for accelerating I/O performance and delivers a very high benefit-to-cost ratio across the entire storage architecture.
High-Speed Caching is critical for maintaining application performance since RAM is many orders of magnitude faster than the fastest Flash technologies and it resides as close to the CPU as possible. It is the fastest storage component in the architecture, delivering a 3-5x performance boost to applications and freeing up application servers to perform other tasks. It also extends the life of traditional storage components by minimizing the stress experienced from disk thrashing.
Feature Highlights Summary
- Best SPC-1 Price-Performance in the industry at $0.08 / SPC-1 IOPS™
- Leverages x86-64 CPUs and server RAM as powerful, inexpensive “mega caches”
- Does not degrade or wear out over time like Flash technology
- Accelerates I/O response from existing storage resources
- Pre-fetches anticipated blocks into read cache
- Coalesces random writes into larger sequential transfers to avoid waiting on disks
- Acts as a speed-matching buffer to avoid bottlenecks in the I/O path
- Delivers the best cost-to-benefit ratio of any storage medium
- Protects against excessive thrashing on traditional spinning disk