Extend The Value Of Private, Hybrid And Public Clouds
DataCore Software-defined Storage (SDS) services play an integral role in exploiting the operational flexibility, and cost-efficiencies of private, public and hybrid clouds, while taking advantage of existing storage resources and skills. Integration with prevailing Cloud infrastructures can take several forms.
The explosive growth of data and increasing requirements for business continuity / disaster recovery make it impractical to keep all data within the confines of privately-maintained data centers. SANsymphony-V enables a hybrid cloud storage infrastructure where active data remains rapidly accessible on premises in a private cloud within your firewall, , while cold, inactive data resides in a public cloud.
Add a cloud gateway to an existing virtual disk pool and leverage the power of the cloud to store infrequently used or archive data.
Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure and other public cloud providers, can be used as off-site extensions of your on-premises storage pool. The connection takes place over cloud gateways such as EMC’s Cloud Array or Microsoft’s StorSimple Hybrid Cloud Storage Array. These on-premises appliances connect to the DataCore nodes using iSCSI, essentially creating another tier of storage.
As new data arrives on-premises and older data becomes less frequently accessed, DataCore auto-tiering software redirects the cold or inactive data to the appliance according to specified policies. The cloud gateway deduplicates and compresses the cold data before moving it to the cloud, further shrinking the capacity required to store it. Access to low cost, elastic cloud storage is simpler than ever.
Provisioning and managing highly-available and high-performance persistent block storage resources in an OpenStack environment is simple and efficient with SANsymphony-V software. DataCore’s comprehensive set of Software-defined Storage services are accessible through standard OpenStack Cinder commands. Detachable storage volumes are automatically configured according to the size, level of redundancy and quality of service requested, and then attached to virtual machine instances in Nova compute nodes.
The combination of the scalable OpenStack cloud operating system with SANsymphony-V storage virtualization software offers organizations a convenient and standardized way to roll out and manage applications across large pools of compute, networking and storage resources using the most desirable mix of hypervisors, servers, and storage technologies.
Feature Highlights Summary
- Supplement on-premises storage with low-cost, elastic public cloud storage for archive, backup and disaster recovery
- Choice of public and private cloud storage providers
- Dynamically transfer inactive or cold data offsite using auto-tiering policies
- Select from a choice of cloud gateway appliances accessible over iSCSI
- Built-in protocol conversion from host Fibre-Channel connections to cloud interface
- Seamless integration with existing applications and backup software
- Data compression and de-duplication
- At-rest and in-flight encryption (AES-256)
- Bandwidth optimization and scheduling
- Compatible with OpenStack through Cinder block storage commands