Create a high-performance, cost-effective hyper-converged infrastructure using DAS or internal storage on your cluster of hosts
Up to 10X performance improvement with Parallel I/O and RAM caching
Supports all of the major hypervisors
Needs only 2 nodes for high-availability, but easily expands up to 64 nodes
Ideal for Remote Office / Branch Office (ROBO) environments
Choose DataCore Hyper-converged Virtual SAN for environments that require high availability in a low-cost, small footprint, as well as latency-sensitive environments where you want to move data close to your database applications, but need to share it across a cluster of servers. For in-depth information download our DataCore Virtual SAN Technical Whitepaper.
|Scale out from||Scale up to||Accelerate IOPS up to|
|2 to 64 Nodes||64PB||100 million|
Hyper-converged Virtual SAN Use Cases
Consider DataCore for:
A) Small Server Clusters in Remote Sites, Branch Offices and Space-constrained Computer Rooms
Put the internal storage capacity of your servers to work as a shared resource while protecting your data against server outages simply by adding DataCore Virtual SAN software.
B) Latency-sensitive database applications
Speed up response and throughput by caching reads and writes from fast server RAM memory and keeping data close to the applications.
Combine Hyper-converged systems with SAN and Cloud Storage into an Integrated Storage Infrastructure
Leverage resources from all and manage them centrally from the same console to scale storage capacity independently of compute and memory.
Integrated Storage Architecture
Enjoy all of the rich services you require for the fastest performance, highest availability, and optimal capacity utilisation. Perfected over two decades and deployed at over 10,000 customers in large data centres, now available for your DataCore Virtual SAN.
Feature Highlights Summary
- Up to 10X performance improvement with Parallel I/O and RAM cache
- Needs only 2 nodes for High Availability when others require 3 or more
- Scales to 64 nodes
- Flash is not required though it can be used as a tier of persistent storage
- Integrated Storage Architecture leverages internal storage, external DAS, SAN and cloud storage
- Eliminates “data islands’ and management complexity of hyper-converged storage silos
- Works with all major hypervisors including VMware ESXi and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Self-provisioning using VMware vSphere VVols or Microsoft System Center VMM
- Runs in the root partition on Windows Server 2012 and Hyper-V without taking up a VM
- Broad choice of hardware platforms
- Simple to roll out using smart deployment wizards